The Marvel Cinematic Universe Tag
Hello wonderful humans! So, I came upon The Marvel Cinematic Universe Tag on Christine Smith’s blog (check her blog out here), and I fell in love with it.
She said often that if you’re a Marvel fan, you’re tagged, so I (sort of) stole it. You can read the intial post here, which started it all.
A few disclaimers:
• There are going to be spoilers. I’ll try to keep them to a minimum, especially around Endgame and beyond. But there’ll still be a few.
• Please, watch the movies with discretion. They are PG-13 for a reason.
• I don’t own any of the GIFs. To be totally honest, I found them on my Gboard… But a huge thanks to the people who made them!
To the fangirling.
1. Feel free to use the above graphic somewhere in your post (but it’s definitely not necessary).
2. Take the questions and answer them on your blog (or social media or wherever).
3. Tag up to 5 other Marvel fans.
• How were you introduced into the MCU fandom?
• What’s your favorite Marvel film?
• Top favorite Marvel character?
• If you were transported into the MCU and had to trade places with one of the superheroes, who would you choose?
• What are some of your favorite quotes from the films?
• Which crew would you want to be a part of: the Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, or the Revengers?
• Favorite and least favorite ship?
• Favorite and least favorite villian?
• Unpopular MCU opinion?
• What’s your favorite Stan Lee cameo?
1. How were you introduced into the MCU fandom?
My dad. He’s a huge comic book fan, and has successfully turned me into a Marvel nerd. And here we are.
My first movies were the Toby Maguire Spiderman movies and a few of the X-Men movies. But I think it was the first Avengers film that really hooked me…
2. What’s your favorite Marvel film?
Uh… There’s so many good ones. Some of my favorites are The Avengers, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Black Panther, the Guardians of the Galaxy (vol. 1 & 2), and Thor Ragnarok. I also love the epicness of Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame.
There, I got it narrowed down to… Seven. Oh, eight… Does that count?
3. Top favorite Marvel character?
Natasha. I’ve loved her since Iron Man 2, back when her hair was really long (oh, it was so pretty).
And remember when she totally played Loki (“thank you, for your cooperation”)?
Ah, yes, she is awesome. Someday, I will be cool, like her.
And at a close second is baby Groot, cuz he’s adorable.
4. If you were transported into the MCU and had to trade places with one of the superheroes, who would you choose?
The hard questions…
After much contemplation, I’ve decided on Scarlet Witch (Wanda). Her powers are awesome, and her outfits are cute. And she has an accent. I’d love to levitate. -All the deep reasons.
Oh, and in the world of X-Men, I want to be Storm, so very, very much.
5. What are some of your favorite lines from the films?
“I’m Mary Poppins, y’all!”
– Yondu, Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2.
“Ain’t no thing like me, said me.”
– Rocket, Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 1.
“A thing isn’t beautiful because it lasts.”
– Vision, Age of Ultron.
“With great power comes great responsibility.”
– Uncle Ben, Spiderman.
“Sir, I’m going to have to ask you to exit the donut.”
– Nick Fury, Iron Man 2.
“Shakespeare in the park? Does mother know you weareth her drapes?”
– Tony Stark, Avengers.
6. Which crew would you want to be a part of the most: Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, or Revengers?
I’m kinda tied between the first two. The Avengers get to take down all the really cool villians, but the Guardians are so fun… Maybe the Avengers with Guardians-type music. Yes, that’s it.
7. Favorite and least favorite ship?
Seriously though, I had no idea what ‘ship’ was when I first came across it used like this. Apparently it’s “ships …As in relationships”. (To quote the Lego Batman movie). Ahem.
So, I liked Clint and Natasha in the first Avengers film, but it’s fine that it didn’t work out that way.
I think my current favorite is Quill and Gamora. Love them. To loosly paraphrase Ice Age: The Meltdown, he’s a ton of fun and she’s no fun at all; they complete each other.
Least favorite… Least favorite… There’s none that I absolutely hate, so I don’t know. Final answer: I don’t know.
8. Favorite and least favorite villian?
Ghost is my favorite villian. I mean, I like Loki as much as the next person, but I love Ghost.
She started out kinda creepy and weird, and immediately grabbed my attention. Plus, she’s one of those elusive female supervillains… (It’s hard to take Hela seriously in that hat).
And she actually has a redemption- type story, which is awesome. Did anyone else notice how she could love only after she was loved, similar to 1 John 4:19? It’s an interesting parallel.
My least favorite villian is the one from Spider-Man Far From Home. It’s a newer movie, so I don’t want to wreak it for anyone, but I do not like this person even a little.
9. Unpopular MCU opinion?
I don’t care for Captain Marvel in Endgame. I haven’t seen her movie yet, but part of me is scared it’ll be horrible.
I like both Thor: The Dark World and Thor: Ragnarok.
And I also like the Toby Maguire Spiderman movies, especially MJ. They’re not cimema gold, but I like them.
10. What’s your favorite Stan Lee cameo?
Let’s see. I really like the one in Big Hero 6.
Awesomeness. I shall count this as my favorite, at least for now.
• The library one in The Amazing Spiderman.
• “Tony Stank”, the one in Captain America: Civil War.
• the one in Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel.
(Searches the blogosphere for Marvel fans and the courage to tag them).
• Any and all Marvel fans reading this. It’s okay, you can steal it.
• Kenzie Keene @ Smudged Thoughts.
So, we’ve come to the end of this. Give me your thoughts and fangirl out in the comments!